Search This Blog

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Ihsan Bilal

Ihsan Bilal
"Dont Live Your Life In a Box"




A good friend and musical talent Ihsan Bilal is making coming on the music scene strong. Her success with "Big Red Box" shows that there is nothing you can't achieve.
Youtube:
Twitter:
@IhsanBilal
Email:


                                                 
                         
                             
                                                      

   Bilal has been writing music since age 6. The poems that she wrote evolved into to lyrics for songs.
Listening to her songs she has a great alternative sound. Its alternative to every popular genre. Her voice is soul but the entire sound is eclectic alternative R&B. Growing up Bilal says was not difficult at all. Family is very close knit together. They had a few obstacles to overcome with her dad by being a single parent. But the arts definitely helped keep them together. If anything Ihsan wants  fans to be empowered. To know that dreams come true and never be afraid to be different or be you
Favorite foods are usually healthy, like salad with a whole bunch of toppings :) also big on sweets though. (when not watching her weight)
Bilal never leave the house without her purse. She  can practicaly live off of everything inside of it. Anytime someone picks it up they're like "Whoa" or "Is there a bowling ball in here" lol. Hey you always need to be prepared
Other than music and the arts, she loves spending time with family and and her loving nephew. He's 8 months now. She looks up to my dad. Hes very strong and supportive of everything his daughter does . He's always focused and very ambitious.
"My style is organzied yet care free. I love bright colors. I love to wear things that no one really rocks
Music is my life long partner. I've invested my all into it and we have one child so far. Her name is BIG red BOX:)" Bilal says. I asked about any first shows she's done, i was not expected to her to say this :
"I've been performing since age 6 or so. Back then I was just an innocent dreamer of course. I performed with my brothers and our dad at a family reunion. We sang "I'll be there" in the middle of the song I got tangled in the microphone chord and burst into tears. Eventually i got back up after everyone consoled me. Its definitely a LOL moment.:)"
Its so sad that Chuck Brown just passed and Donna Summer the following day. They both opened the doors for Blacks, DC, and women.:)
She wasn't able to tell me who her biggest fans are but that might start a fight lol but all in all Ihsan Bilal is a force to be reckoned with and I'm looking forward to her success.





No comments:

Post a Comment